ENGLAND take on San Marino in a World Cup qualifier tomorrow.
So to liven up proceedings while San Marino park the bus and England toil for the first half and hour before scoring, here are some fun San Marino facts for your reading pleasure.
- San Marino are currently ranked joint-207th and last in the FIFA rankings, level on zero points with Bhutan and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
- San Marino have only won one match in their history, a 1-0 friendly success over Liechtenstein in April 2004.
- Davide Gualtieri, who scored the fastest goal in World Cup qualifying history after eight seconds against England in 1993, is now a computer salesman.
- None of the teams in the seven-team Sammarinese League have their own ground. Instead, five neutral grounds are used on a rotating basis.
- Aldo and Davide Simoncini made history against Sweden in 2010 when they became the first twins to score own goals in the same international match.